The First Nations Health and Social Secretariat of Manitoba (FNHSSM) is honoured to host the World Indigenous Suicide Prevention Conference virtually from August 23-26, 2021 from the heart of Turtle Island- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in Treaty 1 territory.
At least 500 people will from Aotearoa- New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii and the Americas are expected to attend the online conference.
- The centre of North America; and
- Home to the largest Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Metis) population in an urban setting
The First Nations Health and Social Secretariat would like to acknowledge our Red Cedar Sponsor
The theme is “Strengths in our Communities” and will focus on:
- Protective factors through building identity, resilience and culture;
- Ways of preventing suicide reducing risks; and
- Showcasing wise practices on the spectrum forum of prevention and intervention encompassed by culture and Indigenous knowledge.
Call for Stories & Knowledge.
World Indigenous Suicide Prevention Conference
August 23-26, 2021
virtually from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The conference theme is:
Strengths in our Communities