REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Host the World Indigenous Suicide Prevention Conference 2023
Description of event:
The World Indigenous Suicide Prevention Conference (WISPC) International Advisory Committee and the First Nations Health and Social Secretariat of Manitoba (FNHSSM) are seeking a host for the next WISPC to be held in 2023.
The first WISPC was held in Rotorua, Aotearoa- New Zealand, then in Perth, Australia and from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada virtually. The event looks at strengths-based approaches to suicide prevention and focuses on:
- Protective factors through building identity, resilience and culture;
- Ways of preventing suicide reducing risks;
- Sharing stories and knowledge; and
- Showcasing wise practices on the spectrum forum of prevention and intervention encompassed by culture and Indigenous knowledge.
In an MS Word document please include the following information.
- Contact Name
- Organization Name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- E-mail of designated point of contact.
In the proposal please include:
- Proposed location;
- Proposed Venue (is it close to various accommodations);
- Theme and streams of conference;
- Keynote ideas;
- Plan on agenda, i.e. will it be Call for Submission and how it will be structured.
- Structure for International Advisory Committee and Local Planning Committee.
- Plan to incorporate culture, Youth, Members from 2SLGBTQQIA+ community and Knowledge Keepers/Elders.
- Other plans associated with the event- i.e. entertainment, self-care, welcoming ceremony, closing ceremony, networking event.
- Budget along with plan for sources of financial support for conference.
The IAC and FNHSSM will review the submissions and will contact interested parties for further discussion.
WISPC- First Nations Health and Social Secretariat of Manitoba
Unit 74-630 Kernaghan Avenue
Winnipeg Manitoba R2C 5G1